Events Organised By AIRMC in National/ State Convention
· Mathematics Quiz:-
1. Every school with two team members can participate.
2. There will be an objective type test for each team where a single question paper will be provided to each team to answer.
3. There will be a negative mark for each wrong answer.
4. The best 6 teams will participate in the final round of the quiz that will include – Picture Quiz, Audio and Video Round , Rapid Fire Round, Buzzer Round, Objective Type Questions
· Antyakshari (अन्त्याक्षरी) :-
1. A team with 2 students can participate in this event
2. A letter will be provided to one team and a team member of that team has to make a mathematical word with that alphabet. The second team will make another word with the last alphabet of the word answered by the first team.
3. This process will run in continutation with the rest of the team.
4. Team can tell Mathematical words, Name of Mathematicians, Name of Numbers etc but they can’t use number like – one, two , three ---
· Mathematical Puzzle:- A school has to bring their own puzzle and supporting material. The puzzle should have some mathematical significane and students should know about the history of the puzzle brought.
· Mathematical Model :- A school can bring any live mathematical models or any models in the contest. Supporting materials such as laptops, pages, documents should also be brought with the models
· Vedic Mathematics:-15 to 20 questions will be given to solve to students in 5- 7 minutes. Student will also have to write the formula used to reach their answer. There is no need to show their answer in details.
· Why and How in Mathematics:- Students will have to give mathematical reasoning or proof of the question asked.
· Extempore:- Studnet will have to choose a topic of their own interest to speak. The time of the presentation will be 5 minutes. History of the topic should also be emphasised. The topic choosen for the extempore should be from the School syllabus of Class 7 to 12.